- Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
- Experience managing large-scale customer-facing software systems
- Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
- 5+ years of experience managing people and/or technical programs
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCF builds for scale.
As an organization within eCF, the Business Data Technologies (BDT) group is no exception. We collect petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We also support Amazon subsidiaries such as IMDB and Audible. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day, using Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Redshift, Hive, Spark and Oracle. We build scalable solutions that grow with the Amazon business.
BDT is growing, and the data processing landscape is shifting. Our data is consumed by thousands of teams across Amazon including Research Scientists, Machine Learning Specialists, Business Analysts and Data Engineers. Our technical challenges involve a combination of back-end software engineering, user interface development, and data lifecycle management. The ideal candidate will draw upon critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A proven record of driving and delivering lasting, large-scale systems is a must. The person must also be a strong leader who can drive consensus across cross-functional business and software development team and be an excellent communicator who can articulate technical design tradeoffs. S/he also have experience hiring and developing engineers, helping them meet and exceed their career goals.
Come help us build for the future of Big Data!
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Interface with internal product/design owners to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.