- Bachelor’s or Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of relevant software development or product management experience
Our Special Projects team in AWS is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to help build and scale out a new product from the ground up. As a Senior Product Manager in this group, you will help drive the product strategy, vision, and roadmap with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. Strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on product, engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy – with a proven track record of creating successful products and services.
Amazon’s growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Amazon leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done. As a Senior Product Manager, you will assume end-to-end product ownership over key components of the product and play a critical role in launching the product to the market.
- Proven track record of driving products from concept to launch
- Exposure to a variety of languages, frameworks, toolchains
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Experience doing product management on technical products with externally visible APIs, SDKs, protocols or other developer-facing product features
- Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through launch of the project.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Experience with open-source technologies.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like scrum.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and evaluation of customer applications.
- A track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation