Join the Self Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) team at Amazon - and build the next generation of advertising products and platform for Amazon advertisers. Amazon is investing in technology to unleash superior funnel insight with the purpose of driving return on investment for all advertisers, while powering a better shopping experience with more relevant ads for Amazon retail customers. We are doing this with innovative advertising experiences, both free and paid products, all backed by Amazon's scale and commitment to customer experience.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor for what is becoming a core part of the overall Amazon business strategy. Online advertising includes the highest levels of challenge on the technical side, with high transactional loads, big data, modeling, cross-stack product and UX design, combined and directly connected with a marketplace of supply and demand. It is a very high stakes, competitive industry, which attracts the highest level of research and engineering investments. Amazon is just getting started, and there is a lot of opportunity for seasoned talent to come in and significantly shape how advertising based monetization of ecommerce property takes shape on the web. The work developed in the team will become part of the “secret sauce” and core business playbook at the company level.
We are looking for an outstanding product leader that that has experience managing large-scale global products, has a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and features from the ground up. The candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytic thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role
As a member of the Sponsored Brand Ads team you will be both influential in building this new business and have visibility across a wide range of other product, engineering and business programs impacting all channels. We are looking for someone who has good judgment, can bring structure to undefined problems, easily move been the nitty-gritty details and the big picture while moving fast.
- Develop the roadmap and drive product development
- Successfully launch and ramp the product and features in the US and internationally
- Drive UX definition, design, and Working Backwards to the product requirements.
- Own the feature definition and roadmap development and prioritization
- Meet with customers and convert their feedback into concrete product improvements and milestones.
- Unblock and expedite multiple engineering teams.
- Define business metrics and guide the broader display business with data. Represent the quality and growth of creatives in organization-wide business reviews and documents.
- Create effective mechanisms for understanding feature level opportunities.
- Establish and measure success criteria in ambiguous areas like performance optimization.