- Professional experience in product management with approximately 5+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive)
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail Excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills; experience in interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong Customer Focus
- Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering), 10+ years of relevant work experience in software development, 5+ years of work experience in technical leadership, program management, or similar roles.
Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) builds the systems that host and run the world’s largest e-Commerce products catalog - where millions of products matter to few customers, but a few matter to millions.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Product Manager - Technical to drive Tooling & Lifecycle Management for the Metadata that enables our Customers to find the right products with the key relevant features surfaced, with complete, consistent and accurate information.
As a Product Manager - Technical, you will develop the product strategy and deliver detailed, crisp business requirements, feature value proposition, working with business entities, governance and operations teams.
You will be the single threaded owner for the entire product, with end-to-end accountability, product roadmap ownership and help define the day-to-day product development schedule from design through to release.
You will work closely with engineering, weigh in on technology choices and help make the right architecture trade-offs and UX design to make the right CX trade-offs. The right candidate possesses a strong background in customer-experience and product management with a strong ability to dive deeper into data to make decisions.
- Work experience in the e-commerce industry, or in management consulting with focus on e-commerce, retail, or high-tech.
- Experience with data-modeling or related Semantic Web technologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation