Amazon Music – Any Way You Want It.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Amazon Music team is looking for a motivated, customer-obsessed, analytical marketer to drive engagement with Amazon Music. As an Outbound Marketing Manager for our service, you will be expected to develop, build and analyze engagement marketing programs across outbound marketing channels, including email, push messaging, in-product messaging, and more. You will work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Merchandisers, and other Marketers to define and implement a best-in-class customer experience, to create effective marketing communication vehicles, and to use them to drive engagement with Amazon Music. This role is responsible for working in a team to get lots of people to listen, and keep listening, to great music.
The ideal candidate will be able to execute at a high level and capacity (creating and managing campaigns with merchandising and marketing tools, analyzing customer engagement data, and solving problems) while also contributing at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth). The Outbound Marketing Manager should be passionate about the customer and must have proven analytical capability, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be able to automate and scale to drive personalized, contextual, and relevant messages to customers. This role must operate from a company-wide perspective and lead cross-functional and cross-business projects.
This role can sit in Seattle or New York.
- Build outbound marketing programs based on targeting key customer segments to drive engagement with Amazon Music
- Taking ownership of existing engagement campaigns and making continuous improvements to drive towards current goals
- Partner with product and technology teams to build a roadmap and execute projects that lead to automation and deeper customer engagement.
- Develop programs to drive increased engagement from active customers and win back lapsed customers
- Develop best practices in execution and reporting that will scale for continued international expansion and serve as a model for existing international markets
- Write and present high quality documents to leadership
- Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and partnerships across Amazon’s business and support teams
Business Skills Needed:
- Stellar problem solving and issue resolution skills with the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, where multitasking while maintaining quality and attention to detail are the norm
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer research and metrics to back up intuition and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
- High bias for taking end-to-end ownership of responsibilities, flexibility and exceptional communication skills
- Think big and rethink how to better serve our customers