Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Are you passionate about how hardware is used to make our homes and neighborhoods secure in a connected environment? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you! Our team of Failure Analysis Engineers is tasked with solving systemic hardware issues and building tools to detect and mitigate any future recurrences and improve the quality of our products to our customers. We work closely with our development engineers and vendors to get to root cause and drive changes back into our products. Nothing is complete without closed loop corrective actions. We are responsible for driving changes back into our development processes and behavior specifications. Ring Engineers are shaping the way we protect our communities and helping define the future of the connected home. Come and join us as we turn ideas into reality!
As a member of the Ring Failure Analysis team, your primary responsibilities include root cause failure analysis of electronic, mechanical and or electromechanical components including assemblies. You will work with other subject matter experts in video, motion sensing, power and communication technologies to help improve the products and customer experience. We are seeking candidates with theoretical knowledge of various analytical tools including electrical test equipment, optical microscopes, real-time x-ray, scanning electron microscopes, chemical analysis equipment and other testing and analysis tools. Good interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills are essential. You will be required to multi-task and prioritize work to meet schedule and cost needs
- Responsible for identifying and researching failures down to component level to improve product yield, quality and reliability.
- Perform PCBA debugging on RMA return, determine the root cause of failure, analyze failure reports and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Work with functional teams as needed to understand device issues.
- Articulate conclusions to the team and advocate for appropriate action.
- Develop new diagnostic tools or tests and more efficient FA techniques.
- Read circuit schematics and layouts, and apply failure analysis procedures to identify the failure location and the root causes.
- Write comprehensive failure analysis reports, including charts and photographs.
- Deep and up to date technical understanding of protocols and debugging methods for related technologies with prior experience both launching new product as well as driving continuous product improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals across functional teams and ability to meet or exceed expected timelines for projects.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover systemic issues and drive failure analysis to root cause swiftly and accurately.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and external partners.
- Proficient with SQL & Excel.
- Building and debugging electronic projects as a hobby.
- Ability to solder surface mount electronic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation