As the Amazon Advertising businesses grow, we are building towards a long-term vision with sales, marketing, analytics, and technology teams to centralize and scale our operations world-wide. As part of this vision, our team is responsible for defining and driving the roadmap of products and programs that provide the Sales and Marketing organizations with accurate and timely access to data across three domains: 1) the business inputs of our Sales teams, 2) the business outputs of our advertisers’ activities, and 3) consumer insights used to position ourselves in the advertising industry.
We are a growing and diverse team with high levels of autonomy and executive visibility. We need best-in-class programs and processes to achieve our strategic goals. We’re looking for a talented and driven Business Intelligence Engineer with a passion for BI, data visualizations and dashboards, CRM, workflow and process improvement, and data capture to help us scale our existing programs and empower us to stay ahead of our customers’ needs. Your opportunity is to apply your expertise to work on solutions that have high visibility and direct revenue impact within the ad sales organization.
You will collaborate closely with sales and marketing teams to identify strategic needs and implement technical solutions to help build tools and programs to capture and then surface accurate data that will power our business. You will work cross-functionally with product, analytics, engineering, and client services teams to root out inefficiencies in how we are capturing and presenting data, as well as opportunities to unify disparate process and data sets to produce a better top-down view of our business.
This is a cross-functional role on a small team; proper expectation setting and dependency management skills are critical. You will strive to remove dependence on key persons and institutional knowledge of our systems and data sets in favor of automation and self-service. You place the highest priority on long-term scalability, repeatability, and durability over all other considerations. In addition to Customer Obsession, exceptional candidates will raise the Amazon bar on the leadership principles of Earn Trust, Insist on the Highest Standards, Bias for Action, Dive Deep, and Invent and Simplify.
- Implement technical BI solutions for accurate tracking of advertiser and agency engagements across teams in different CRM, BI, Database, and visualization platforms
- Help build data visualization and reporting prototypes and "minimum loveable products" and then test them with internal pilot teams before working with engineering organizations to get them to scale
- Train users and teams across the organization on how to self-serve using our data visualization and dashboard platforms; scaling your unique knowledge by educating others.
- Identify where processes built in business siloes are preventing us from effective measurement of our engagements with advertisers and agencies, then work with business teams to redesign their data capture workflows around common and accurate inputs
- Become an expert in Amazon's proprietary BI technology solutions, heavily leveraging AWS technologies such as Redshift and QuickSight
- Dive deep and do IC work where it makes sense to unblock projects and where such efforts act as a pilot for a longer-term scaled solution; make recommendations to other BI, engineering, and business teams on how to scale for the long-term
- Drive program vision by earning trust with stakeholders across business teams such as Field Sales, Inside Sales, Agency Development, Marketing, Training, and engineering teams
- Own project metrics definition and tracking; map key tactical metrics to achieving your strategic vision
- Communicate project highlights and lowlights on a weekly basis
- Create innovative and frugal methods to solve Sales inputs tracking and systems integration problems
- Play a key role in recruiting, hiring, and mentoring colleagues across the organization