At Ring, we come to work every day with the mission of reducing crime in neighborhoods. Over the past few years we have learned that when neighbors, the Ring team, and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities.
The Neighbors App was built for this very reason. Available to everyone with an iOS or Android device, Neighbors sends you real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors, law enforcement, and the Ring team. Simply put, Neighbors is the new neighborhood watch.
The Neighbors team is seeking Android engineers who will help us create the next generation of mobile apps. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to design, test, and iterate on solutions in a fast-paced environment.
As an Android Software Development Engineer for the Neighbors team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of Neighbors, the largest dedicated public safety social network in the world. This role involves design, architecture, implementation, and operations of applications and services that make our neighborhood safer. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of these services, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
- Develop and deliver new product features for our Android application
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our neighbors
- Promote robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
If this sounds interesting to you, come join us!
- Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
- Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
- Experience with REST architecture for web services
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.