Want to revolutionize how customers get their items by redefining Amazon's retail platform? We're looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to launch and iterate on groundbreaking delivery offers on Amazon's websites and mobile apps. In this role you will:
- Fundamentally change our retail platform--you'll make significant changes to how we model retail offers across multiple platforms
- Have a major impact on customers--you'll make life dramatically more convenient for customers by giving them faster access to our vast selection of low-priced items
- Have a global impact--you'll define product experiences to match customer needs and fulfillment capabilities we have in the US, Canada, China, Japan, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and beyond
- Move fast--in addition to having the assistance of a dedicated development team you'll have the resources and the cooperation you need across Amazon to deliver quickly and iteratively.
This role requires working with product management to define business strategy, requirements and timelines, as well as working with multiple cross-functional development teams through architecture definition, design, delivery, and management and support. This position involves regular communication with senior management on progress and risks.
Ideal candidates have extensive experience with global product build and delivery plans, as well as defining and assembling program virtual teams. These candidates thrive in rapidly advancing, changing, and delivery-focused environments.
- 8+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent).
- Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, drive solution design across organizational boundaries, manage multiple software development efforts, establish rigorous testing standards, and coordinate product launch.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues.
- Defining, driving, and shipping software products or services.
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
- Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Experience analyzing user experience design and developing high profile customer facing products with intricate customer experience workflows.
- Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.