The progressive team of Aluminum Curtainwall Systems Inc. (ACS) is a dynamic Kamloops, BC company dealing internationally with suppliers and clients. We are a growing company searching for employees that will add to our team. ACS has been established since 2000 and provides design services for all standard and custom applications. ACS Inc. has successfully completed several highly custom projects in Western Canada and currently providing this type of work across North America. These projects have included high-rise and multi-story Curtainwall facades, custom overhead glazing systems, entrance systems and sunshades.
Aluminum Curtainwall Systems is currently seeking a Revit Modeler to join our drafting and design team.
- In-house Design Assist utilizing BIM and external model coordination for Integrated Project Delivery
- Works in a team environment to produce commercial building facade models:
- Works with and reports to the department head to determine all modeling practices, procedures and standards.
- Works with System Designer, Job Captain, Inventor Administrator and other staff to create fully realized curtainwall skin model to be used as a Building Information Model for either in-house or Integrated Project Delivery purposes.
- Create data-rich facade model to be used for drawings, fabrication geometry and coordination purposes
- Create basic structure models if needed
- Create additional in-house models for BIM coordination
- Coordinate with project management teams to utilize and proved 3D/4D information for the purposes of estimating, logistics, planning, ordering, scheduling, manufacturability and procurement in a design assist environment.
- Review architectural and structural drawings and/or models and verify interface of building facade to ACS/IGA's scope.
- Work with Job Captain to create RFIs for Project Manager
- Review incoming construction documentation on an ongoing basis to determine affect to project scope and design
- Continued development and integration of BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Work with department head to creates documentation and training
- Set up project shop drawing packages per project for various purposes
Revit skills required at which to be proficient:
- Massing and Curtain Systems
- Experience with Building Adaptable, Nested Families
- Adaptive Components
- Strong in Conditional Formulas
- Advanced usage of Schedules
- Diploma or degree in architectural design, engineering, or similar field.
- Minimum one year experience using AutoDesk Revit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Must have strong PC experience in MS Windows and solid knowledge in MS Office products and database software
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM
- Possess the ability work well as part of a team and independently
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life insurance Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- BC Medical Coverage
- RRSP Matching
- Moving expenses if required
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting: 1 year (Preferred)
- using AutoDesk Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)