altisHR is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to start ASAP for a medical leave coverage. Compensation for this role is $55-65K; we would pay around $27-30/h. The position requires the processing of unionized and non-unionized payroll, Ontario only. The core hours Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm, LOCATED IN HAMILTON (near Mohawk College), This opportunity is 2 months to start at the very least and would likely go permanent.
Hospital Linen Cleaning and Processing Plant - Corporate Office
Roles and Responsibilities
- Entering a variety of information/data from a variety of input sources using DayForce HCM and internal system for payroll purposes on a weekly and bi-weekly basis for employee population in Ontario
- Entering benefits information: enrolments, terminations, and changes
- Entering RRSP enrolments, changes, and terminations into database
- Reconciling benefit accounts and ensuring timely payment of premiums
- Distribution of pay stubs, payroll reports, and T-4s; Distribution of benefits packages and RRSP packages
Processing payroll - unionized and unionized in an accurate and timely manner with no supervision
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' payroll processing experience, including running weekly and bi-weekly payrolls.
- Experience working within unionized payroll is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Preferred experience using Medi-Solutions Virtual Pay and DayForce
Proficiency in MS Office; Word, Excel and Outlook
Education and Certifications
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Preferred field of study: Accounting