An enthusiastic, bilingual Software Developer is needed for a permanent opportunity with one of our Enterprise software solutions clients in Montreal. You'll be working in a dynamic environment that requires an energetic and self-motivated individual with experience in full-cycle development and integration.
The successful Candidate will be responsible for implementations, troubleshooting, development and installations. They will apply both their functional and technical knowledge while contributing to the delivery of the project. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing their services for a variety of clients in the Public Safety (EMS, Fire & Police) sector.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Building and maintenance of software to support companies business operations
- Acting as a technical resource for company software implementations: creating solution design, gathering client requirements, recommending best practices to clients and supporting the client's resources throughout the project phases.
- Developing solutions that integrate disparate system while leveraging Hexagon's EdgeFrontier integration toolkit.
- Leading and monitoring software performance configurations for the Intergraph I/CAD suite of products for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging for clients in emergency environments.
- Consulting on Oracle or SQL server database administration, including but not limited to: specific data integrity issues, database archiving, troubleshooting, general system administration and performance.
- Using development environments such as MVS to write custom software components in integration solutions on an occasional basis.
- Coordinating and working collaboratively with developers/users/testers and business users during all application life-cycle stages for the development performed.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems. Providing internal application help desk support when required.
- Offering support in pre-sales activities, such as attending trade shows and events, contributing to request for proposals, product demonstrations to customers and prospects and preparing proof of concepts.
- University degree or college degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and 5+years of related development work experience
- Fluency in English and French required
- At least 7 years' experience implementing and configuring software solutions, along with advanced analytical and technical skills
- Experience with contributing to pre-sales & sales activities desired
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle; delivering customer workshops and product training to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with components or small-scale applications using Microsoft Visual Studio (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, etc.)
- Desired assets: Experience in the Public Safety (Fire, EMS, Police) sector, experience with geographical information systems and experience with Intergraph I/CAD
Education and Certifications
- Extensive working experience in a Windows client-server environment
- At least 5 years' of advanced toolkit experience; Oracle PL/SQL, packages, stored procedures, views, triggers and indexes
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
Preferred field of study: Computer Science
The selected candidate is entitled to a very competitive benefits package that includes RRSP contribution matching.