Altis Professional Recruitment has partnered with a boutique specialty investment firm in Downtown Toronto to source a Managing Director with a Business Development management focus.
SCOPE: Reporting directly to the President, the incumbent is a key member of the senior management team and provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
The individual will also lead the Business Development effort, with one direct report, to identify and develop opportunities for growth, surpass sales, network, develop and maintain relationships with vendors, dealers, wholesalers, and providers. Some traveling within Canada and to US is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the organization
- Lead the Business Development efforts to identify opportunities and grow the sales by calling/emailing prospects, attending network events and conferences, meeting with wholesalers and retailers in Canada and US
- Monitor day-to-day developments in the industry
- Communicate with Accounting, Operations, Marketing, Shipping and back office teams to ensure efficient completion of contracts and projects
- Drive the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance or a related field. Master's degree is an asset.
- Experience: A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an executive role and business development leadership, preferably with an internationally known precious metal trading organization, financial services/investment industry, and/or e-commerce company; A creative but pragmatic strategic thinker with strong managerial follow-through, and implementation skills along with proven marketing and networking talents; Proven record of profitable sales, marketing, merchandising and/or trade finance; Exception
- Skills: Due to the senior-level nature of this position, the Managing Director will be a confident self-starter with a wide variety of experience which can be applied to the demanding set of decisions which present themselves; Must also be a strong leader and a team player to lead by example.