Position: Sales Engineer
Location: Remote - Toronto, Canada
Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
The primary role of the Sales Engineer is to communicate and demonstrate the features, capabilities, and benefits of using the Alteryx platform. The Sales Engineer will partner with the Enterprise Account Executives at Alteryx, to guide potential clients to evaluate the Alteryx platform for data blending and advanced analytics. The Sales Engineer provides in-depth technical knowledge and support during evaluation of the product, as well as enablement and training to ensure adoption of the product within an organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide pre-sales support for pre-qualified opportunities for all products in the Alteryx Platform.
- Craft and Deliver technical presentations of offerings to new potential customers.
- Conduct technical working sessions to jointly architect solutions to business problems leveraging the Alteryx Platform with prospective new customers.
- Remain up-to-date on Alteryx solutions and products and maintain familiarity and adherence to all Company methods and procedures.
- Mentor team members through observation of their work and develop learning plans to improve their abilities, skills and knowledge of the Alteryx platform, sales engineering strategies, and client facing skills.
- Work with sales management to drive sales through optimizing processes, training of team, and development of a culture of collaboration, learning, and success.
- College Degree, 3+ years of experience in a sales consulting / sales engineering role.
- Experience with analytics tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, or MATLAB.
- Knowledge of SQL query language and data manipulation concepts.
- Demonstrated desire to go above and beyond expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex selling situations which may involve multiple departments and levels of the organization (ie. Line of business, executives, Information Technology, procurement, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to mentor direct reports, co-workers, or peers through constructive feedback or learning plans.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a collected manner. Willingness to ask for help when it is required.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on participating in the sales process.
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer