Reporting to the VP, Sales, Marketing & Product Development, The Sales, Marketing & Production Planning Administrator will provide general support to the Sales, Marketing & Product Development Department and therefore the successful candidate must project AltaSteel core values – Customer and Safety. Support functions will include, but are not limited to administration of departmental reports and databases. In addition this position will be one of AltaSteel’s key inside sales contacts and therefore will receive orders, schedule deliveries and be available to respond to new and changing customer inquiries.
The Sales, Marketing & Production Planning Administrator will be responsible for recommending and deploying marketing initiatives aimed at building the AltaSteel brand and will therefore need to be able to manage routine duties along with arising projects.
- Assures inside sales function to merchant bar customers
- Provides inside sales support to grinding media customers
- Assures administrative functions of the Sales, Marketing & Product Development department. Including responsibility for administration of the complaint database
- Will support Production Planning function
- Liaise with current customers and develop courteous, professional relationships with potential customers.
- Will deploy marketing initiatives, distinct from sales initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Strong customer focus and safety mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with operational departments, key business partners, and customers
- The ability to take initiative and be proactive in supporting the sales teams is essential
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and all other Office applications
- 1-3 years of related or co-op experience is preferred
- Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- Fast paced environment
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is August 31, 2018