Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Implement and manage the People Operating System and L&D standards.
- Conduct plant functional, technical and leadership training needs/gap analysis to identify skill and knowledge gaps that impact plant performance
- Identify training or other solutions.
- Communicate help needed to regional L&D.
- Create & implement annual training plans.
- Develop and manage training budgets and government incentives.
- Supervise training coordinators and technical trainers.
- Monitor qualifications and effectiveness of internal and external trainers and coach for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate training effectiveness- continuously improve.
- Manage the training records & provide standardized reports.
- Verify training records for completeness, accuracy and GIS compliance
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated project management capability with major projects
- Experience facilitating and coordinating various functional groups in the delivery of training
- Experience with the development of technical training programs
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, and hourly workforce as required
- Advanced Excel and ability to effectively utilize MS Office software
- Strong oral and written communication skills Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to work closely and successfully with others in order to deliver results
- Strong computer and technical skills required
- Previous training and development experience Unionized work environment experience
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree Preferred: Master's degree