Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- ECG Embedded tester (Stephen D'souza in Ottawa) The Enhanced Central Gateway group is responsible for the software infrastructure that enables Ethernet connectivity and advanced application features within next generation client vehicles and includes the hardware platform and complex software for networking, security, IPC, power management and other vital functional components. Working as a member of the ECG software development and test team, the successful candidate will be involved with the delivery of cutting edge embedded software, working on system components that either provide enabling frameworks or additional functional services above operating system services and drivers. The candidate will work as part of a high performing development team and will be encouraged to contribute ideas and solutions as part of their daily work. This position will provide the candidate with the unique opportunity to gain experience with delivering cutting edge software with an industry leader.
- Testing of software components
- Interface with product owners, development, and test teams to create test designs from software requirements and architecture documents.
- Documenting and validating software test plans
- Test execution, root cause analysis, triaging defects and validating fixes.
- Test automation, scripting and reporting
- Creating tests in C/C++ or Python and interfacing with existing test frameworks.
- Preparing and analyzing test coverage reports.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Working knowledge of C++ or C and Python for use in understanding existing code and writing test applications and scripts.
- Working knowledge of distributed, multi-threaded system concepts.
- Familiarity with manual and automated software testing procedures.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
- Methodical; capable of prioritizing work and working to tight deadlines.
- An excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Experience with source code management tools such as Git.
- Experience with JIRA
- Knowledge of automated test environments
- Familiarity with C++ unit test frameworks.
- 3+ years of software development and/or testing preferably on embedded platforms
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field