Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Telematics Wireless Conformance The Test Engineer will be responsible for executing 3GPP standard test plans for Telematics Controller Unit (TCU) using complex and diverse test systems. The primary focus is on cellular protocol technologies as part of internal conformance validation. The scope ranges from a high-level black-box testing to low-level embedded device debugging and log analysis.
- Executes conducted testing in shielded lab environment
- Executes field testing to validate cellular behavior and performance
- Supports root cause analysis through log analysis.
- Generates quality software defect reports
- Test systems upgrade and maintenance
- Must have experience in cellular protocol (3G/4G) testing.
- Must have experience with one of more of wireless test equipment from the following vendors: Anritsu, R&S, Spirent or Keysight Technologies
- Understanding of cellular technologies and experience with industry standard test systems
- Nice to have Understanding of TCP/IP
- Nice to have Experience with GNSS (Navigation system) protocol and testing
- Nice to have Knowledge of automation test environments
- Nice to have Understanding of embedded systems implementation
- Minimum 2 years of test experience meeting above requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent