Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- BSP and SW driver developer. The client BSP and Driver Development Team is seeking experienced BSP and SW driver developers to design and implement the next generation computing architectures in our cars. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manager, BSP and Driver Development. The main focus of this position is on software drivers for various hardware peripherals including adaptation of existing drivers as well as development of new driver architectures.
- Develop software drivers for various hardware peripherals including adaptation of existing drivers.
- Examples of hardware peripherals requiring drivers: Ethernet, USB, Serial (UART, QUAD SPI, I2C), PCIe, eMMC, DSI MiPi, etc.
- Enhancement of existing board support packages.
- Bring up of new in-house developed HW modules.
- Development of new driver architectures to support future hardware peripheral advancement
- Test and debug BSP SW as required to ensure code is passing our quality standards.
- 5 years (minimum) experience in software development.
- Strong analytical/debugging skills are essential.
- In-depth knowledge of C and Assembly programming languages.
- Hands on SW development experience using modern operating systems (QNX, Linux, Android, pSOS, VxWorks).
- Prior experience in developing and testing drivers and BSP.
- Excellent understanding and relevant development experience with new processor architectures (ARM, PPC, MIPS, PPC, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent