Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- In this position you will be working in the software platform team, participating in a project working through the development lifecycle from concept, test plan design, implementation, test bed setup, execution, issue debugging, isolation and quality metrics tracking. You will gain practical experience on agile software development model and C++.
- Work in Agile SW development environment to deliver state of the art SW solutions for cloud connected in-vehicle modules working on CAN/Ethernet network.
- Implement, test and maintain software features using C++.
- Share ideas for innovation and process improvements.
- Experience with embedded software development and work through the development lifecycle.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in memory management, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Strong ability for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-site team environment where self-driven and self-motivated capabilities are key initiatives.
- Development experience with QNX or embedded Linux.
- Working knowledge of AUTOSAR, CAN network technologies, automotive diagnostic protocols, Google Protobuf.
- Proactive and interested in learning new tools and technologies.
- Enhanced multi-threading & IPC knowledge.
- Experience with build system (Jenkins), source control system (GitHub), and defect tracking system (JIRA).
- 3+ years experience with C++ development.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical.