Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Software developers for Infotainment Auto If you would like to work with great people on next generation user experiences that will be used in millions of vehicles world-wide then we may have a role for you. As a SW Developer the candidate will be involved in full lifecycle of Embedded Software Development. Developers will be responsible for creating UX Elements (screens, widgets, etc.) and Application software that allows the user to interact with features such as navigation, media, entertainment, phone, voice, and vehicle settings. The software development is primarily in C++ and Qt / QML.
- Develop C/C++ application layer and HMI software for the company's SYNC infotainment system - Work on proof of concepts for next generation infotainment systems - Implement graphical user-interfaces using QML / Qt Quick - Integrate APIs / SDKs that provide services for media, phone, navigation, and speech recognition - Integrate support for mobile devices: Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and SmartDeviceLink / AppLink - Participate in system design, documentation, and testing to deliver a best-in-class infotainment system
- 2 to 10 years C/C++ software development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms - Experience developing HMI software on infotainment or mobile platforms - Experience with unit-testing and mock frameworks
- 10+ years of C++ software development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms - Familiarity with Agile development processes - Multi-process, multi-tasking or multi-threaded based applications - Embedded operating systems (Linux, QNX, or Android) - Experience with Qt/QML or BlackBerry Cascades - Experience developing software on QNX OS based platforms - Experience with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay - Automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, CMMI, FMEA, etc.) - Excellent written and oral communication skills - Experience with communication protocols: CAN, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and/or Wi-Fi - Proficiency with revision control including: Git, Subversion, or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science