Alston Associates, the geotechnical division of Terrapex Environmental Ltd., is searching for an intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to provide geotechnical engineering services on a variety of projects including transportation, land development, residential/commercial/industrial projects, and material inspection and testing services in the GTA region, working out of Alston’s Head Office in Toronto or out of our Burlington branch office.
Working under the leadership and support of our geotechnical services manager and geotechnical staff in Toronto, the successful candidate will be responsible for:p>
- preparation of technical proposals and reports;
- management and performance of geotechnical investigations;
- training junior staff to carry out geotechnical testing and inspection;
- providing field inspection and testing services;
- recruiting and training junior geotechnical engineering staff;
- assisting in the maintenance and development of client relationships.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- degree from an accredited university in Geotechnical, or Civil (geotechnical option) Engineering;
- registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario;
- a minimum of 8 years of diverse geotechnical engineering and inspection and testing experience;
- strong technical and project management skills;
- good oral and written communication in addition to administrative skills;
- valid Driver’s License; and
- knowledge of local geotechnical conditions and the regional market.
Salary: Dependent on experience, education and performance. Group benefits package, group RRSP plan.
Start Date: Flexible