Alston Associates, the geotechnical division of Terrapex Environmental Ltd., is searching for an experienced Building Sciences Engineer to start up, develop and manage a Building Sciences Division, and expand the overall services provided by the Terrapex/Alston Team.
The successful candidate will be able to provide building sciences services on a variety of projects, working out of our existing office in Toronto, and will be able to preform the following tasks:
- Building envelope inspection and testing for residential, commercial and industrial buildings (roofing, curtain wall and balcony, windows and skylights, cladding, air & vapor barrier, sealants, waterproofing, damp proofing, precast, structural steel, fireproofing, etc.);
- Building Restoration and Condition Assessment;;
- Reserve Fund Studies;
- Due diligence building condition surveys;
- Construction Audits and Performance Audits;
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- establishing and managing a Building Sciences Division;
- providing field inspection and testing services;
- preparation of technical proposals and reports;
- recruiting and training intermediate junior Building Sciences staff;
- training geotechnical and environmental staff to carry out building sciences testing and inspection;
- development and maintenance of client relationships; and
- managing staff and resource allocation within the Building Sciences Division.
Requirements and Experience:
- degree from an accredited university in Building Sciences or Civil Engineering;
- registered as a Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario;
- a minimum of 10 years of diverse building sciences experience;
- strong technical and project management skills;
- superior verbal and written communication skills; and
- valid Driver’s License.
Successful candidate will also possess:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with previous business development experience;
- Energetic, self motivated, results-oriented go-getter;
- Composed, confident demeanour, comfortable in a variety of settings (e.g. clients, contractors, technical staff, executives);
- Flexible, responsive can-do attitude, with willingness to take on wide scope of responsibilities to build Building Sciences business;
Salary: Dependent on experience, education and performance. Group benefits package, group RRSP plan.
Start Date: Flexible