Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the railway sector around the globe while promoting sustainable mobility. We pride ourselves on our multifunctional expertise and manage the widest range of solutions in the market – from high-speed trains, metros and tramways to infrastructure, signalling and customised services.
With increasing activities in Canada to meet growing demand for sustainable transportation, Alstom seeks motivated candidates who will help us leverage our expertise and apply it locally. We have the energy and spirit of a start-up with the foundations of a multinational, world-class corporation that encourages collaboration, entrepreneurship, creativity and respect for the environment. Our employee offering includes career and development opportunities and extensive internal mobility prospects across dozens of locations around the world.
Our most recent project is the Réseau express métropolitain (REM). REM will be the fourth largest automated transportation system in the world once completed and is also the largest public transit project in Quebec since the Montreal Metro. The future integrated network will link downtown Montreal, the South and North Shores, the West Island and the airport. Alstom is looking for qualified candidates to fill positions on this exciting new chapter of urban transit in Montreal.
For this exciting project, in the engineering teams, we are looking for 4 System/Sub System BIM Modellers.
Reporting hierarchically to the BIM Manager, the System/Sub System BIM Modellers :
- is in charge of producing the 3D models for the items directly designed at System/Sub System team level.
- is an expert in designing and modifying 3D objects in the adequate software used/required by technical environment in which he/she works (Revit MEP, AutoCAD).
- Applies the guidelines established by the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Manager and works under the supervision of the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Coordinator.
- Contribution to the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM design under the responsibility of the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Coordinator
- Produce drawings and BIM models consistent with instruction, guidelines and CAD/BIM standards,
- Generate SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM models with dedicated tools (Revit MEP),
- Draft/generate plans, diagrams and schedule in Revit and/or AutoCAD drawings.
- Production of SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM deliverable under the responsibility of the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Coordinator
- Use dedicated tools, procedures and templates for design development of BIM models,
- Use dedicated tools and templates for production of Drawings such as Plans, cross sections and line diagrams,
- Prepare models and drawings packages for submission,
- Prepare reports and schedules for internal use (exports from Revit MEP).
- Support the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Coordinatorin the completion of SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM Component Library,
- Modify Component/equipment BIM files for use in design drawings (clean-up, audit, reference and troubleshoot),
- Assist the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Coordinatorin the check of the deliverables as part of the subsystem technical validation
- Provide design assistance to Designers and Engineers
- Attend to training sessions set up at SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM team level and project level
QCD and Reporting:
- Support the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Modeller in keeping up to date the list of BIM models and their status,
- Contribute the enforcement of good practices within the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM design team,
- Support the SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM BIM Modeller in reporting of design development to the SYSTEM BIM Manager and SYSTEM/SUB SYSTEM Design Manager.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must have Knowledge of civil and/or mechanical and/or electrical design, System/Sub System design experience is appreciated,
- Must have 3+ year's production experience in design, drafting or engineering (Project and/or construction experience appreciated),
- Must have In-depth working knowledge of Revit MEP and AutoCAD. Basic knowledge in Bentley solutions is also requested. Familiarity with Navigator and NavisWorks is appreciated to ensure adequate communication with project teams (BIM Managers, coordinators and Design teams),
- Thorough comprehension of parametric object-based models, design, engineering/construction models
- Must have the ability to work well as part of a team and independently,
- Must have Excellent communications skills both written and verbal,
- Must have Excellent organisational skills,
- Fluent in English, French is desirable
We thank you for your interest in joining Alstom team. Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.