Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the railway sector around the globe while promoting sustainable mobility. We pride ourselves on our multifunctional expertise and manage the widest range of solutions in the market – from high-speed trains, metros and tramways to infrastructure, signalling and customised services.
With increasing activities in Canada to meet growing demand for sustainable transportation, Alstom seeks motivated candidates who will help us leverage our expertise and apply it locally. We have the energy and spirit of a start-up with the foundations of a multinational, world-class corporation that encourages collaboration, entrepreneurship, creativity and respect for the environment. Our employee offering includes career and development opportunities and extensive internal mobility prospects across dozens of locations around the world.
Our most recent project is the Réseau express métropolitain (REM). REM will be the fourth largest automated transportation system in the world once completed and is also the largest public transit project in Quebec since the Montreal Metro. The future integrated network will link downtown Montreal, the South and North Shores, the West Island and the airport. Alstom is looking for qualified candidates to fill positions on this exciting new chapter of urban transit in Montreal.
For this exciting project, in the engineering teams, we are looking for one BIM Platform Administrator.
Reporting hierarchically to the Consortium Technical Director and functionnaly to the Central BIM Solution owner, the BIM Platform Administrator:
- Support the BIM Manager in the administration of the CDE platform (Common Data Environment) implemented for the project, as well as the associated tools (set-up, access rights definition, adaptations and updates…).
- Is in charge of the administrative management and maintenance of the CDE.
- Supports the CDE users and is the entry point for other stakeholders (Software Editors, Consortium, IS&T, M&T, and other third parties) for all admin matters regarding Alstom’s CDE.
- Is in direct relationship with the BIM central team in charge of the Alstom BIM solution and only responsible for validation of any update or variation with the Company standard solution.
- Administration of the Common Data Environment
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the architecture and maintenance of the CDE Platform for the project in coordination with the BIM Manager,
- Transpose and update Alstom CDE processes and procedures in ProjectWise for the project (configuration and settings), and liaise with BIM central team in case of noticed discrepancy between internal procedures and project/client requirements
- Manage and grant access permissions to the CDE based on BIM Manager requests,
- Support Project team members for ProjectWise installation in coordination with local or remote IS&T (Information Systems and Technology) team,
- Maintain the CDE Platform to meet reliability, integrity and security standards in compliance with the employer’s information requirement and Alstom standards,
- Work closely with the Alstom BIM central team to adapt the CDE platform in order to ensure and enhance reliability and efficiency of the Common Data Environment,
- Assist the handover process of the CDE to the Client upon project completion.
- Justify proposals in all CDE-related matters towards the BIM Manager
- Support of the project team
- Support the implementation of the Project BIM Plan
- Liaise with and co-operate with Project Team Members and the Consortium in support of a collaborative working culture
- Assist the Project Team Members in their daily use of ProjectWise, in particular for Documentation management
- Resolve all CDE issues with the support of IS&T, the BIM central Team and, if requested, the Software Publishers (resolution of specific concerns, specification / development / testing of new plug-ins, debugging, improving…)
- QCD and reporting
- Periodically report the status of the CDE towards the hierarchy
- Track and report all issues or troubleshooting of the CDE platform,
- Support the BIM Manager for implementation and update of risks mitigation plan in all CDE-related matters,
- Support the Design Managers in improvement proposals in term of QCD,
SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Must have In-depth working knowledge of ProjectWise as well as basic experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software. Familiarity with Revit, AECOSim, Navigator, NavisWorks and Aconex is appreciated to ensure adequate communication with project teams (BIM Managers, coordinators, Design teams, and external stakeholders).
- Must have a 5+ year experience in BIM process management, and knowledge of data bases management
- Must have Knowledge of mechanical design (Experience in Trackworks, Power supply / catenary, Civil works… is desirable).
- Possess the ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Possess Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Possess Excellent organisational skills
- Fluent in English, French is desirable
We thank you for your interest in joining Alstom team. Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.
Job Segment: Information Systems, Supply, Database, Testing, Technology, Operations