This position reports to the Manager, Environment and Database
The successful candidate will be involved in the design, development and deployment of ServiceNow and support existing OSS toolsets. The role will work with ACG’s teams in leveraging industry best practices and standards. You will develop and support various ServiceNow modules - service catalog, problem, change, incident configuration and others.
- Work closely with leads, project managers, and systems management team to clearly define scope of work and provide accurate cost/schedule estimates
- Configure, customize, script, and develop the ServiceNow platform
- Develop Service Catalog items incorporating automation using orchestration
- Design and implement Configuration Management policies and standards
- Maintain the CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained
- Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration and application development, while also promoting best practices in these areas
- Review internal artifacts and deliverables to ensure they meet solution requirements
- Prepare and maintain technical specifications and documents; architecture diagrams, system documentation and manuals
- Troubleshoot production and test issues; perform root cause analysis, recommend corrective action and perform resolution efforts
- Assist with associated technical and process activities
- Support IT Operational systems and tool sets
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 2-5 years of experience with ServiceNow.
- Understanding of and experience working with IT Service Management processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog).
- Thorough knowledge of ServiceNow - deployment, implementation, integration; ServiceNow certifications/ training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery.
- Self-driven and someone who takes ownership
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way, and The Canadian Museum of Nature. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2018 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!