This position reports to the Director, Product Development and Connected Consumer
The Product Development Specialist is accountable for the maintenance of existing personal lines products and the development of new products for all of the Allstate Canada Companies and brands.
As the Product Development Specialist you will:
- Review market and competitive data to ensure existing products, tools and practices are effectively supporting growth and profitability objectives
- Research, recommend and make changes to existing product wordings in response to regulatory or market changes
- Initiate, research, develop and lead the implementation of new products based on emerging customer needs, new risk types or perils
- Provide expert product and underwriting advice to internal stakeholders; this includes reviewing and writing technical communications and designing and establishing underwriting practices and guidelines
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive product, price, risk management, insurance regulation and rate plan knowledge
- Min. 5 years extensive underwriting, claims, product or other relevant experience
- Min. 5 years experience in analysis of operating results
- CIP and/or CRM designation (or actively pursuing)
- Ability to measure, evaluate and act on results (financial and operational)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers and others within Allstate Canada to meet objectives as one cohesive team
- Complex decision making abilities
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to present information in an organized, logical and effective manner to a variety of different audiences within Allstate Canada
- Ability to develop and implement risk management concepts for multiple distribution channels
- Ability to influence, convince, direct and persuade others by exercising interpersonal leadership skills to achieve goals and objectives.
- Identify new ideas, techniques and opportunities for improving effectiveness, performance and productivity
- Take evaluated risks or initiate actions to capitalize on opportunities
- Experience with Commercial Property and Commercial Liability lines of business would be an asset
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2017 list of the best Employers in Canada!