This position reports to the Manager, Consumer Technology
Allstate Canada is undertaking an exciting transformation journey which involves and end objective of providing the best possible customer experience and operational excellence.
At Allstate, we believe in bringing strength, experience and care to our customers. We do that by building solutions that touches million Canadians on a daily basis since 1953. Individuals at Allstate judge their success by the success of their team and the happiness of customers. We are passionate about staying on top of industry trends and technologies.
Consumer Technology team is seeking a Business Analyst to join our team. You will work alongside people as passionate and driven as you, focused on delivering best possible product.
As a Business Analyst you will be accountable for:
- Provide expertise for one or more areas of the business through analysis and understanding of business needs. Apply a broad knowledge of programs, policies, and procedures in a business area or technical field gained through experience and training.
- Provide business knowledge and support for resolving technology issues across one or more areas of the business and across multiple projects.
- Advocate for customers and business teams and accurately gather feedback and ideas for website and app improvements
- Create functional and technical requirements for the development team to articulate customer needs through epics, features, and user stories
- Work closely with the Product Owners, Technical Leads and Scrum Masters for effective product backlog grooming, sprint planning, and Program release planning
- Analyze requirements and create or contribute to functional designs, leveraging more advanced technical skills. May help design application prototypes.
- May assist with project initiation or planning for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Follows change control process to manage changes to base lined deliverables and scope for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Lead information gathering sessions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with Agile processes and methods such as Kanban and Scrum
- Proven track record of delivering Agile milestones which include user story definition, grooming, commitment, and delivery
- Exceptional project management skills and able to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Strong interpersonal skills that bridge business stakeholders and development process
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to drive the entire team to success
- Thrive in situations where one must efficiently make sense of chaos
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Service oriented attitude with rapid responsiveness to internal and external requests
- Strong facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way, and The Canadian Museum of Nature. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2018 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!