At LoyaltyOne, we are problem solvers who love the challenge of the riddle. We help find solutions without being asked. We have an ingrained streak of determination and don’t settle for good enough. We are passionate about shaping shopper behavior and we care deeply about giving back to the communities around us.
Today, there are more ways than ever to engage shoppers. At LoyaltyOne, we believe that understanding the people behind the purchase is key to winning their hearts – and their wallets.
For over two decades and from more than fifty locations around the globe, we have paired expertise in shopper behavior with advanced analytics to uncover the data-driven insights that drive successful loyalty, marketing and merchandising solutions.
Across AIR MILES, BrandLoyalty, Precima and Global Solutions, our businesses help some of the world's leading retailers connect with consumers and deliver more value in every visit. Regardless of their role or geographic location, our people are always supported by one of the best teams around. At LoyaltyOne, we know that in coming together we are at our strongest – and that together we can help shape the future for our clients, their shoppers and our communities.
LoyaltyOne is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.loyalty.com
LoyaltyOne is dedicated to enriching the careers and lives of our associates which is evident by the following on-site amenities, including:
- Open concept and casual relaxed attire within the office
- Free on-site coffee, beverages, fruit & snacks
- Subsidized café providing healthy food options
- On-site gym, massage therapy and gym classes
- Games room, outdoor terrace, mini-putt, ping-pong, shuffle board & Foosball
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Free shuttle bus from Union Station
- Inclusive events for co-ops, sports games, nights out, cooking classes & more!
- Internal co-op mentoring program
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
- The ability to work in an open concept environment with no assigned seating
- Companywide volunteer event and charitable matching donations
To find out more about our unique corporate culture, watch our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qStYuoCTEkQ
Check out our space here: https://techvibes.com/2018/06/29/killer-spaces-loyaltyone-toronto
Precima applies shopper insights derived from advanced analytics to help retailers and manufacturers drive sales growth and boost profitability. Using comprehensive fact bases of purchase data, their team of experts help improve marketing and merchandising by identifying opportunities for growth and align both internal teams and external partners to best meet shoppers' needs.
Precima tailors the scope and pace of its solutions to the unique priorities of each client. The overall goal is to achieve not just tactical wins but long term strategic gains, encouraging retailers to broaden the marketing agenda and fully explore the potential of sophisticated shopper insights.
Their roster of past and current clients includes many leading Fortune 1000 brands, among them some of the top high-frequency retailers in North America. Backed by first-hand experience with leading retail and manufacturing organizations, the Precima team brings a remarkable blend of expertise in loyalty, analytics, marketing and management to help you make more informed and profitable business decisions.
- This role is within the Precima team.
- This position is located in Toronto.
Learn more about Precima at http://www.precima.com/
About the Opportunity
As BI Developer Intern, you will provide value-added insights to Precima clients through the development, automation and implementation of reporting solutions to gain a deeper understanding of customer transactional data. Insights and recommendations will support the business objectives such as marketing strategy development and execution, merchandising/category management plans and ad hoc strategic and tactical client issues.
You will have a key role in supporting the client in executing against their strategic retail plans. You will ensure client servicing requirements are meeting or exceeding the client's expectations while building a strong client relationship. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of advanced web based client reporting in QlikView or other platforms
- Assisting to lead innovation by exploring newest QlikView versions and functionality, implementing in tools and presenting via formal knowledge sharing sessions.
- Participation in requirements gathering, internal and external client meetings, UAT process and other tasks related to iterative development of BI tools
- Assisting with coordination of production schedules for client reporting deliverables. This includes developing business requirement and technical requirement documents in conjunction with the client team and technology partners.
- Participate in kick-off meetings for production projects to ensure alignment with Data, Analytics, Client Services, Reporting Services/Deployment and other key participants as necessary.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow within the role and progress toward future career development objectives along a number of potential paths including a focus on business intelligence, web application development, data modeling, deeper analyses, client relationship management, and/or marketing.
• Create and design innovative cutting-edge customer-centric reporting solutions for use by Precima clients. This includes dynamic dashboard and scorecard and user interface design in Qlikview.
- Participate in testing and launch of client reporting suite in support of client's customer-centric strategies
- Data modeling to ensure accuracy and efficiency of data relationships within reports
- Participation in creating, maintaining and updating customized training materials for client users.
- Work closely with Lead and Sr Developers in end to end report development.
- Work closely with Epsilon to optimize data preparation and flow of reporting deliverables
- Work closely with Consulting & Technology team to optimize data preparation and flow of reporting deliverables
- Work closely with Analytics Team to incorporate output of statistical modeling in reports
- Participation in business reviews to ensure understanding of retail business processes and products, data extraction
- Provide a consultative approach in delivering relevant ideas, solutions and results to clients and business partners via BI tools
- Integrate with retail client teams to operationalize existing and future processes for retail clients
- Work to build, automate and implement robust reporting methodologies that enable more profitable product, pricing and promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies
Who you are:
You have sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
Strong analytical skills and use of data for sound decision-making.
You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways.
You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
Creating and designing innovative cutting-edge customer-centric reporting solutions
Using Qlikview, create dynamic dashboards, scorecards and design user interfaces
Data modeling to ensure accuracy and efficiency of data relationships within reports
Participating in creating, maintaining and updating customized training materials for client users.
Working with a wide variety of teams, from client services to data scientists, to enable our clients
to execute their strategic retail plans
Participating in business reviews to ensure understanding of retail business processes and products, data extraction
Providing a consultative approach in delivering relevant ideas, solutions and results to clients and business partners via BI tools
Integrating with retail client teams to operationalize existing and future processes for retail clients
Work to build, automate and implement robust reporting methodologies that enable more profitable product, pricing and promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies
Project coordination and administrative activities
A desire to learn and grow
Sound agile development practices (code reviews, testing, etc.)
Open mind to new ideas and delivery
Basic to intermediate understanding of web standards