Business Development Sales Consultant - Multi Family & Commercial Real Estate
At Allegion, our vision is to make the world safer. As a company of experts, we secure the places where people thrive. Security will always be a top concern, so we are inventing new and innovative technologies to keep people protected wherever they are; anytime, anywhere. Whether at home or school, in a hospital or commercial building, we pride ourselves on providing safety for today and for the future. Spanning across 130 countries, Allegion is committed to the protection of our employees and the public.
We are very passionate about our values and live them daily. How do you celebrate your successes? Do you take pride in the work you have accomplished?
Have a knack for curiosity and creativity? How do you live out your passion for excellence? What does living safely and healthy mean to you?
If these are values that keep you motivated, you have come to the right place. Take a look at our available opportunities to join our winning team today!
Business Development Sales Consultant – Multi Family/Commercial Real Estate
Business Development Sales Consultant - Multi Family/Commercial Real Estate role is responsible for screening and closing of Multi Family/Commercial Real Estate starts in the market to gain market share. Specific duties include developing relationships and interacting with, influencing, and building relationships with developers and property management organizations in growing all facets (new construction and aftermarket) of this market in both mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions. The position will report locally to the SSC and will be focused on increasing personal networks, join organizations and attend industry shows and events to promote the brand.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the local execution of the Multi Family/Commercial Real Estate programs to targeted accounts
- Coordinate with existing assigned Distributor Sales Consultants on the targeted direct accounts where appropriate
- Network with all types of end-users and influencers, including multi-family builder/commercial real estate accounts, installers, remodelers, architects, consultants, general contractors, integrators/low voltage
- Develop a territory business plan and customized business plans for all key Multi Family/Commercial Real Estate customers to include the following: dealer targets, builder targets, product training, investment strategies, and revenue goals
- Utilize existing marketing programs to maximize market-share growth
- Participate in cross selling strategies, with focus on partnering with SSC and software brand allies to maximize market-share growth; works with SSC’s to identify commercial distributors who can best serve multi-family end users
- Ensure selling strategies align with meeting region and territory revenue and profit goals outlined in AOP
- Develop and maintains list of current and prospective customers to include top 50 multi-family owners, property managers, and builders with corporate offices in region
- Have responsibility for meeting budget and expense parameters for optimizing operating profit
- Utilize the CRM tools for major product follow-up and customer contact management
- Support the business marketing strategies by providing accurate and timely sales reports and competitive information to the Regional Sales Organization.
- Develop a business relationship with the major influences in the region
- Have responsibility for key Multi Family/Commercial Real Estate Customers in the region
- Develop relationships with target end users and architects through a regular pattern of sales calls
- Utilize spec writer for determining new construction specifications
- Service and train end users and architects to increase loyalty
- Increase sales in the aftermarket channel by passing leads on Multi Family/Commercial Real Estate projects to channel partners
- Actively participant in Multi Family Industry Associations, including all apartment/property management associations in region
- Provide forecasting data for Inventory Management Team
What You Will Need:
- 5-10 years’ of progressive sales experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior position leading a sales team is an asset
- University degree preferred or an equivalent degree/work experience in a field of study related to the position
- Strong Communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with and influence a variety of indirect and direct accounts
- Self-motivator and entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to work at building a business - small scale to larger scale build ups
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve with entrepreneurial commitment to achieving goals
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute on business plans
- Collaboration with both customer and internal cross functional teams
- Customer-centric with the ability to balance both customer benefits and business financials effectively
- Industry sales or marketing experience associated with locksmiths and/or contractors is desired
Why Work For Us?
- Rewarding and Challenging Career
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Global Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- A Culture of Wellness and Balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Community Involvement
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow a safer place! To apply, please see below.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370