Field Supervisor – (Calgary Commercial)
I’m ready. I want a challenge. I want the chance to work in a successful company who lives their corporate values. I want the opportunity to work as a true business partner to inspire and influence, not just implement. I’m ready to make my mark.
Are you ready?
Founded in 1978, All Weather Windows is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Headquartered in Edmonton, our operations include manufacturing plants located in Edmonton and sales offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg.
All Weather Windows Commercial, a division of All Weather Windows, provides the supply and installation of Glazed Aluminum Curtain Wall, Window Wall, and Commercial Storefront Entry Systems for commercial, industrial, storefront, and multi-unit residential apartment and hotel type construction projects. If you embrace variety and change and are looking for a growth environment favouring the development of competencies, then come join us!
The Field Supervisor under the direction of the Operations Manager is primarily responsible for all aspects of project management on worksites, including planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating construction projects from start to finish. The incumbent monitors workers and subcontractors to ensure that duties are being completed in an efficient, effective, and safe manner. The Field Supervisor must have a strong dedication to health and safety in the workplace, ensuring all workers and subcontractors perform their duties in accordance with All Weather Window’s policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Network, develop and maintain excellent relationships with owner, engineer, consultants, subcontractors and public.
- Implement and enforce All Weather Windows corporate heal and safety program and champion building a safe work and harassment free culture
- Be an ambassador of the company both internally and externally
- Provide constructability input during project engineering where opportunity exists
- Ensure project profitability, schedule adherence and customer satisfaction
- Provide discipline specific input and develop project master schedule with Project Manager. Ensure construction follows project master schedule.
- Steward to the project budget, have a comprehensive understanding of the project budget and work within that budget.
- Develop recovery strategies when project schedule or budget changes
- Review and provide input to schedule with Project Manager.
- Plan and supervise the work on the project including determining methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment and work schedules.
- Assume responsibility for productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment and contractual performance of the project.
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications and projects schedule and budget.
- Interface with client representatives design consultants, other contractors, etc.
- Ensure projects is constructed within project quality guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate field documentation inducing safety records, daily progress reports, red lines, logs etc.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train discipline personnel.
- Other duties as required.
Primary Qualifications Required:
- Post secondary education or training in engineering, construction management or a related discipline
- 2-3 years of construction experience in a similar role, working on projects approximately $3-6 million in size/scope
- Glazing experience is an asset - Journeyman Glazier is preferred.
- Ability to successfully supervise construction projects
- Ability to effectively manage field staff
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Construction such as; building codes, technology, equipment, methods, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
- Excellent communication, organization, writing and supervisory skills are essential
- Ability to read and understand project reports
- MS Office is required with an understanding of MS Project being an asset
What we can Offer you:
- Permanent Full-time
- Competitive compensation
- Jointly funded benefit package
- Using your positive attitude and interest in the business to shape and influence the business
- A team that works hard, but doesn’t forget to stop and celebrate its success
An exceptional company is founded upon exceptional people. At All Weather Windows, we invest in our people and are always looking for new opportunities for our employees to grow alongside our business, working together as part of a team to achieve success. We’ve been continually recognized by our attention to employee satisfaction and, as a result, the commitment and hard work of our employees has been acknowledged through awards and media recognition.
If you are interested and possess the appropriate qualifications, please apply online via our Careers Page: http://www.awwcommercial.com/careers/