I’m ready. I want a challenge. I want the chance to work in a successful company who lives their corporate values. I want the opportunity to work as a true Business Partner and build from the ground up. I want to inspire and influence, not just implement. I’m ready to make my mark.
Are you ready?
Headquartered in Edmonton, All Weather Windows Ltd. (AWW) is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Operations include three manufacturing plants located in Edmonton and sales branches/offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg. All Weather Windows Commercial Ltd. (AWWC) is a subsidiary of All Weather Windows and has two operating Divisions being:
- Commercial Division which installs window systems into Commercial properties as a subcontractor to both general contractors and property developers
- Canadian Insulated Glass (CIG) which manufactures a wide range of specialty glass products for residential and commercial applications
As this division continues to grow, we are currently recruiting for a Divisional Controller for the AWWC group. This newly created position reporting to the Director of Finance, will be responsible for the overall financial operations of the AWWC Group and will provide accurate and timely financial information to AWW’s management team including budgeting, forecasting, regular monthly financial reporting and analysis as required. This position will work out of our Canadian Insulated Glass location which is located at 14407 - 128 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be an individual with extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management within both a construction and manufacturing environment who can serve as a change agent as we continue to refine and improve our finance practices. As a senior leader within this division, you will be part of an innovative and forward-thinking finance team that is committed to identifying, developing and implementing value-added solutions to the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with all stakeholders in the AWWC group to ensure that reporting is relevant, timely and supports strategic decision-making
- Manage the monthly and annual accounting operations and all related reporting to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Review, establish and monitor internal controls to protect the company and ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies.
- Optimize budgeting and forecasting, particularly as it relates to projects within a construction environment
- Prepare ad hoc reporting including pro forma financial statements, cash flow forecasting, earned value calculations, inventory costing and analysis, etc.
- Partner with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Provide advice and guidance on all business and finance matters including financial systems, contract administration, analysis, and reporting as these relate to the operations of AWWC.
- Lead the selection and implementation of an ERP system that supports effective project management, manufacturing and financial reporting and analysis
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising accounting and/or administrative staff within the AWWC Group.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CMA) is a strong asset.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management within both a construction and manufacturing environment
- Experience working in public practice would be considered an asset
- Experience with the setup of project controls in construction, industrial or commercial settings ideally on-site, would be beneficial
- Expert experience level with business analytics and financial variance analysis, bridging the gap between the numbers, operations and understanding what it means for the future
- Comfortable in an environment of constant change to support and plan for explosive growth
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with effective influencing skills.
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes
- Experience with process design, change management and ERP computer system implementations
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Jointly funded benefit package
- A “Business Partner” in the true sense of the word; using your positive attitude and interest in the business to shape and influence the business
- A team that works hard, but doesn’t forget to stop and celebrate its success
An exceptional company is founded upon exceptional people. At All Weather Windows, we invest in our people and are always looking for new opportunities for our employees to grow alongside our business, working together as part of a team to achieve success. We’ve been continually recognized by our attention to employee satisfaction and, as a result, the commitment and hard work of our employees has been acknowledged through awards and media recognition.
If you are interested and possess the appropriate qualifications, please apply online via our Careers Page: http://www.allweatherwindows.com/careers