An exceptional company is founded upon exceptional people. At All Weather Windows, we invest in our people and are always looking for new opportunities for our employees to grow alongside our business, working together as part of a team to achieve success. We’ve been continually recognized by our attention to employee satisfaction and, as a result, the commitment and hard work of our employees has been acknowledged through awards and media recognition.
As Canada's largest privately-owned window and door manufacturer, we are one of the most recognizable names in the industry. Founded in 1978, All Weather Windows operates 8 branch locations across the country and 2 manufacturing plants. All Weather Windows has been named to Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and 50 Most Engaged Workplaces. We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our Calgary branch.
The Business Development Manager, under the direction of the Director of Sales, is responsible for uncovering and establishing new leads and customer opportunities, both within current customers and markets, and where appropriate, within new markets or new customers, or cross territories and channels. You will work within an assigned sales territory, typically regionally based, to build relationships with new customers to maximize the profit opportunities within your territory.
The Ideal Candidate will work well building cross-functional and cross-channel relationships. You have a unique understanding of our strategic needs and desires and how to increase our presence in those markets. Where your focus is on new growth development, the key outcome will be to find strategic opportunities for All Weather Windows, whether within our current markets, territories, or channels, or within new markets that are strategic to All Weather Windows.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking within the assigned territory.
- Meet with potential customers to grow, maintain, and leverage your network, ensuring that you project professionalism and are a positive reflection of the All Weather Windows brand and reputation
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sale. Ensure accuracy of the quote or tender, with the final material being “customer ready”.
- Work with production and operations staff, as well as product specialists where required to address customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis.
- Report on sales activity.
- Work with marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns, as well as any improvements that may be required.
- Provide feedback to All Weather Windows’ Regional Manager on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- A minimum 5 years’ of progressively responsible experience in a business development or “hunter” role in a field or outside sales capacity, and demonstrating the following are required.
- Developing, maintaining and leveraging relationships with decision makers at key accounts to cultivate new and repeat business;
- Applying a consultative selling style to understand customer needs and propose tailored solutions.
- Related education in marketing, communications, sales, business or equivalent is strongly preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for this role.
- Preparing action plans and schedules to identify specific targets in assigned territory and channel is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, along with proven persuasion and negotiation skills are required to build rapport with prospective and existing customers and within the organization.
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a fast-paced environment are required.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) experience is required.
- Class 5 driver’s license along with a clear driver’s abstract is required. Must pass pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Testing
If you are interested and possess the appropriate qualifications, please apply online at www.allweatherwindows.com/careers