Data & Reporting Analyst - Payroll
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
For over a century Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
- Prepare and validate statistical, financial and accounting reports from current and planned Algoma payroll systems.
- Ensure that periodic reporting for employee time and payroll data is completed in a timely and accurate manner. Provide direction & guidance to field staff to ensure integrity of data and process controls.
- Maintain and develop the processes, procedures and policies related to employee time/attendance and payroll management to create seamless integration with other functional processes.
- Collect and document internal and external data and reporting requirements.
- Extract, transform and load data from various source systems (SAP, Kronos, and ADP) to reporting & analytics platforms (SAP Lumira, Prophix, Adaptive Insights, and MS Office).
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, test, implement and maintain data models and reports in accordance with business requirements.
- Reconcile weekly interface of records between Kronos / SAP systems to ensure integrity of employee attendance data collection, including employee timecards, vacation and overtime balances. Identify issues and escalate as appropriate for management / IT follow-up.
- Provide support to Payroll Administrator and Payroll Supervisor to analyze, problem solve and authorize timecard changes in the SAP Cross-Application Time Sheet (CATS) database, as/when required.
- Communicate with internal/external customers to research and address reporting errors.
- Perform various system administration tasks that are outside the scope of IT technical resources.
- In consultation with others, prepare and obtain approval for project requirements and functional specifications re: system changes to SAP/Kronos. Coordinate and conduct system testing and provide recommendations to management for implementation approval of IT system changes to production environment.
- Support quarterly reviews and audit processes as required.
- Must have a minimum three (3) year College diploma in a related field (e.g. accounting, business or information technology); a University degree is strongly preferred.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in data extraction and analysis, including tools such as SQL, SAP Query or similar. Proven experience with enterprise-scale applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, or Kronos is a requirement.
- Prior experience with corporate performance management (CPM) software applications such as Adaptive Insights, Prophix, Hyperion or Host Analytics is highly desirable.
- Must exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Programming experience with VB/VBA is preferred.
- Candidates should have prior experience in a payroll function and/or be familiar with payroll business processes, including employee time and attendance, gross/net payroll and financial accounting.
- Requires excellent mathematical analytical skills, as well as an investigative nature with self-initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Exceptional written communication with emphasis on translating technical terminology into practical everyday language.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, we encourage you to apply today.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.