: Reporting to the Associate Registrar and/or Registrar, the Officer, Office of the Registrar is proficient in the application of College policy and procedure, and is responsible for their application in the areas of Admissions, Registration, Registrar Services, Financial Aid, and Records. The Officer also meets with students on a drop-in basis and works to resolve their inquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.
Reports to the Associate Registrar and/or Registrar
Full-time (40 hours), permanent
The Employee will work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Burnaby and Vancouver Campus, flexibility to travel between, and work at, campuses required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree, preferably from a BC post-secondary institution
- Minimum of one year related work experience in a clerical or service-oriented role
- Work experience within an education setting is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Highly organized, diligent, and detail-oriented
- Superior problem solving capabilities
- Highly efficient, and able to handle multiple deadlines and projects within a results-oriented environment
- Ability to explain and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Proven ability to exercise tact and discretion
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Strong business writing and professional editing capabilities
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite
- Assess new student applications to determine admissibility and course/program eligibility based on established guidelines and policy
- Perform data entry with a high degree of accuracy using a database system
- Assist applicants with admission requests and appeals
- Troubleshoot registration issues for students (expired documents, prerequisite/co-requisite issues, repeated courses, etc.)
- Determine course eligibility and perform overrides as authorized
- Assist students with registration requests and appeals
- Assist students with course withdrawal, program, or status changes
- Ensure that College policy and procedure are consistently applied and followed
- Assist students to submit transfer credit requests
- Coordinate and record the evaluation of non-articulated coursework by faculty
- Answer basic questions about financial aid
- Assist students to complete forms
- Maintain financial aid records
- Authenticate documentation submitted by students
- Update student database records
- Regularly maintain student records, perform filing, scanning, digital archiving, etc.
- Accurately and efficiently fulfill document orders using a database system
- Provide assistance on projects or other tasks to the Associate Registrar or other senior administrator as requested
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the above position and you would like to apply, please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank-you!
The position will be open until filled.