Job Title: UX Lead Designer
Department: Information Technology
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Part of the Omnichannel department, the UX Lead Designer will work on designing new services across multiple touch points (web, apps, connected stores). As a practice lead, he/she will deliver designs and prototypes with the help of a junior UX Designer, have them tested, share a user-centered vision with other teams (brand development, e-commerce), while also improving tools and methodologies for Service Design.
The UX Lead will work closely with other Designers, Developers and Business sponsors to create innovative experiences that are accessible and human centered. The Lead will base his/her work on research, audits and validate through user testing and usability testing.
At ALDO, we think that UX Design is not about separating the idea from the final product design, and we should use from day one the design elements in real life constraints. Avoid legacy documentation, encourage fast iterations and prototypes to come up rapidly with something to test.
The UX Lead will be a member of the Experience Design team, responsible to evolve the Aldo Group ecommerce experience, to create omnichannel services, to drive pilots and test new concepts.
- Design system: co-create and update modules on ecomm, optimize usability for checkout and other forms
- Products & new services explorations: preliminary designs, flow options + quick testing with users for validation
- Physical environments: participate in choosing and testing devices, furnitures and apps for in-store experiences
- UX sentinel: be the user point of view gatekeeper for executions even outside of new services (content updates…)
- Process: implement tools for design, reuse and share components, enforce a testing methodology
- Annotations: overseeing the delivery of detailed functional requirements taking into account technical feasibility, with Business Analysts and Product Owners, only when needed
- Very agile and quick in Sketch
- Strong prototype tools knowledge
- Strong experience in User testing
- Knowledge in accessibility, inclusive design
- Experience in HTML and CSS a plus
- Management experience
- Agency experience is a plus
- Ready for: small projects and quick tests, to long lasting optimizations running all year
- Mindset: autonomous, hacker, fighting against status quo, persistent
- Approach: user obsessed, collaboration, co-creation, mindful of technical realities, light documentation and result driven for the most simple way to achieve goals
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar role