A computer IS YOUR
Closing: When Filled
Location: Edmonton South
When you watch the Terminator movies, you’re always on Team SkyNet; after all, machine learning is your bread and butter! It’s all about finding efficient ways to predict behaviour. Where other people see problems, you see opportunities – for understanding, for digging deeper, and for leveraging data to make things better. You’re a dynamo with data, enjoy working with a team, and look at product development with a scientist’s eye. We love that about you.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re an expert at spotting patterns and using them to forecast behaviour. You’re basically a fortune teller with a computer.
- You love collaborating and are always first to put up your hand to help the team. Superstar!
- You’re a master problem-solver with a knack for analyzing risks and identifying the best solutions.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. It’s just part of your DNA.
- You’re a confident speaker who’s as comfortable presenting data as mining it.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Report to the Manager, Data Science
- Research, development, interpretation and deployment of machine learning and predictive models – all with an eye to understanding and predicting member behaviour.
- Use data insights to drive decision-making at the organizational level.
- Combine programming and analytical skills to support a consistent member experience across the Association’s business units.
- Realize operational and marketing efficiencies and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Present member insights to staff in support of the Association’s strategic direction and tactics.
- Anticipate analytic opportunities, with the goal of deepening and growing our understanding of AMA’s member base.
- Validate the Association’s use of machine learning, developing processes and tools to monitor outcomes and analyze model performance.
- Analyze member engagement and make recommendations for next-best offers.
- Support responsible and targeted outbound marketing through the optimization of product development and strategy.
- Deepen the Association’s A/B testing approach and framework.
- Help define complex problems as they arise, using advanced analytics and research techniques.
- Lead short and long-term forecasting to drive agility in decision-making.
- Data governance, including the leveraging of version-control in analysis, model development and deployment.
- Engage in validation and peer review, back-testing against known measures.
- Consult with stakeholders to deliver analytic value on an operational and ad hoc basis.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You have a degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field.
- You have at least five years’ employment experience in data science, predictive modelling or machine learning areas.
- You have strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- You’re a whiz at applying machine learning algorithms – GLM, GAM, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Boosting, Text Mining and more.
- Your job experience is rich with product development know-how.
- You’re fluent in statistical programming languages – especially R and Python.
- You’re familiar with relational databases, such as SQL. You get bonus points if you also have experience with distributed computing frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
- You understand data and know how to apply different models to different business platforms.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.