PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR OPPORTUNITY
Who we are
AIMGA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the successful integration of International Medical Graduates. We believe our clients have a contribution to make within our communities and therefore our goal is to deliver quality services and programs to assist them at every step in the licensure process - from their arrival, through the various examinations, to their applications, into residency, and into practice. Their journey is not an easy one. With that in mind, we also assist our clients to find other pathways into healthcare where they can utilize their skills and knowledge in other ways. While we are a small organization, we are mighty. Our five core values at AIMGA include being responsive to the needs of our members, working together, always friendly, delivering quality programs, and knowing our clients have a contribution to make. These values guide our interactions and decision making to ensure we are equipping our clients with relevant information, communication skills, and cultural knowledge to perform at their best and to integrate successfully into the Canadian healthcare system.
What we are seeking
We are looking for a Program Administrator to join our Calgary team! This position is a full-time role for a renewable one-year term. The incumbent is expected to work both independently and as a team member to perform a variety of administrative support services, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the Calgary AIMGA office.
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director for day to day duties
- Providing information and client support via telephone, email and social media; deals with inquiries and redirects appropriately
- Coordinating and setting up meetings, lectures, and workshops; managing all registration and wait lists for programs and services requiring registration
- Maintaining an up-to-date manual of current administrative procedures
- Ensuring the reception area and board rooms are kept tidy
- Providing support for the Edmonton Program Administrator and providing training to maintain and update policies and operational standards as required
- Recording meeting minutes when requested by the Executive Director and distributing minutes to all staff members in a timely manner
- Maintaining office filing, phone systems, and office supply needs
- Posting incoming and outgoing mail and organize couriers
- Supporting AIMGA s project-based work and research as required
- Coordinating the Calgary BLS (Basic Life Support) program, including maintaining registration lists and tracking participants
- Maintain AIMGA s library system by keeping accurate records of library resources including check-in/check-out of materials, following up with members on overdue items, and answering member inquiries about available resources
- Processing and verifying membership registrations, receipting, and tracking including follow up with members when profiles are missing key information to complete reporting
- Coordinating, verifying and confirmation of registration for programs as well as updating registration with final attendance numbers
- Compiling programming, attendance and membership stats
- Maintaining online database of files and records of program participants
- Organizing and compiling data entry for government funding expectations (iCARE) to meet current IRCC standards
- Assisting with event logistics, operations, set-up, take-down, and providing on-site support for all AIMGA events
- Monitoring expenditures related to events, ensuring expenditures remain within budget guidelines and applying cost-saving techniques where possible
- Maintaining records of all bookings, e.g., venue, catering, guest speakers
- Entering and verifying all expense receipts, recording incoming invoices, cheque requisitions, and submitting all reconciled receipts to the Executive Director
- Purchasing duties including requesting approval and purchasing items such as office supplies, stationery, and program materials
- Manage honoraria, expense claims and receipts
- Oversight of payments by cash, cheque or PayPal (e.g., membership dues)
- Coordinating Board meetings, including set up of the boardroom and supporting the Executive Director by ensuring timely distribution of material to the Board
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 2-3 years experience in an administrative role; relevant experience in human services considered an asset
- Degree, diploma or certificate in office or business administration, or the equivalent combination of education/experience
- Efficient, detailed, responsible, and team oriented with a strong focus on customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and database information management and aptitude to learn other programs
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated professionalism, tact and maturity in handling sensitive situations and material
- High level of diplomacy and integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality is a must
- Regular work hours are typically Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM. Occasional work outside of these hours may be required for special events such as the AGM.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is compensated competitively to market based on experience and includes vacation and benefits.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties. An individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Thursday, August 9th. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our requirements will be contacted. For more information regarding AIMGA or for a copy of the posting, go to www.aimga.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Program Administrator: 3 years