We are recruiting on behalf major technology and innovation company in Toronto.
The Director of Data Science will be leading a team of Data Scientists responsible for integrating research, creating strategic dashboards, predictive modeling, and designing and implementing solutions utilizing large-scale data sets to generate insights that will drive the business forward. This individual is also responsible for developing the long-term Data strategy, evangelizing the results of the Data Science team s research, coordination & collaboration with various internal teams, and working closely with engineering to integrate solutions into our systems.
You will be analyzing data and presenting actionable information to help executives make informed business decisions, accelerating and improving decision-making, optimizing internal business processes, increasing operational efficiency, driving new revenues, gaining competitive advantage over business rivals and identifying market trends.
- Lead the group of Data Scientists in both analytics and engineering providing vision, strategy, and overseeing development and execution.
- Define data science and AI/ML strategy across the consumer and retail side of the business.
- Work with functional businesses on solving problems such as customer segmentation, customer engagement, personalization, and working with product to optimize the consumer experience.
- Lead integration processes for all customer and market insights, including delivering effective analytical plans, actionable insights and recommendations that align with business objectives.
- Define analytical standards and best-in-class approaches to measuring and predicting customer behavior and drive continuous improvements to key customer metrics: customer retention, acquisition, conversion, lifetime value gross and net (ROI)
- Design and coordinate a curriculum for raising the level of data literacy to drive adoption and to enhance business decision-making capability.
- Masters degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Engineering/Science, Statistics,
- Machine Learning, Applied Math, or equivalent work experience
- 9+ years of relevant experience in data science or similar field
- Experience in working with scala, spark, kafka and related big data technologies
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets from multiple sources
- Experience with recommendation systems & personalization
Please note only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- R or Python: 1 year
- spark: 1 year
- scala: 1 year
- analytics: 9 years
- sql: 1 year
- kafka: 1 year