Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You can join, as well, Agropur's extended family.
Are you looking for a chance to apply your negotiating talents?
Do you have a keen business sense and strong communication skills?
This could be the job for you!
Customer Account Manager (Home Office – Quebec City)
The Customer Account Manager negotiates and follows up on all business agreements in the fresh products category with independent retailers (grocery) in eastern Quebec.
Specifically, the Customer Account Manager:
- Sees to maintaining business agreements with current independent customers
- Solicits and negotiates business agreements with potential customers
- Develops business relationships with stores owners/retailers
- Prepares individualized business reviews for customers, including volume tracking, and sets up customized programs in cooperation with the sales coordinator and the Insights and Go-to-Market groups
- Identifies opportunities to increase volume and / or land potential new customers or develop new opportunities, actively monitors the competition
- Follows up on negotiated agreements and terms & conditions
- Controls payments and customer agreement renewals
- Prepares mandate requests for approval by superior
- Recommends customer discount rates
- Drafts business agreements
- Makes sure renewal of customer agreements is in line with the organization’s standards and principles
- Establishes and presents twice-yearly budgets for required investments related to customer agreements
- Works closely with the retail sales team on application of negotiated agreements
- Follows up on business agreements with other departments – finance, accounts payable, master data, etc.
- Represents Agropur at events and maintains good business relationships with customers
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in account management, in retail negotiation, in a direct store delivery (DSD) environment (an asset)
- Sales experience in the dairy sector (a major asset)
- Very proficient with MS Office
- Familiar with OBI, NPD, Powerplay, Velo and Discoverer (an asset)
- Excellent command of French is mandatory for this territory