About the team
As part of Technology Services, the Infrastructure Team is responsible for maintaining and supporting critical infrastructure including servers, storage, data protection, e-mail and collaboration tools deployed in AGF’s datacentres, remote offices and cloud service providers.
About the role
Our Infrastructure team has a dynamic opportunity for you in our Toronto Office. Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Team, you will maintain the security, availability and performance of the core infrastructure to support business operations. You will provide routine support/administration, participate in implementation of projects and perform research and design to strive for continuous improvement. This role will require you to work directly with peers in the Technology Services group including Architecture, Network, Voice, Security Operations, IT Applications, Client Support Services, Service Desk; and other stakeholders such as application owners/application support teams, developers, end-users and business partners.
You are a motivated self-starter with a strong desire to stay current with technology, and deliver continuous improvement to operations and service delivery. You have exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills, and you take initiative to solve a problem until resolution.
- Routine administration/support tasks (75%)
- Participation in project activities (planning, execution, status reporting) (10%)
- R&D for implementation of improvements to technology, process and procedures (15%)
- Compute – Cisco UCS b-Series (managed) / Cisco c-Series (standalone) / IBM pSeries
- OS – Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2016 and IBM AIX 7.2
- Hypervisor – VMware vSphere operation and support and IBM PowerVM Standard
- Storage – EMC Unity Flash Storage Array (Unified NAS/SAN), Cisco MDS FC SAN
- Data Protection - EMC Avamar/Data Domain
- Cloud – Office365 (including Exchange Online, OneDrive), Azure (including Azure Active Directory, AD Connect/Dirsync, AD Federation Services integration)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016 in a hybrid deployment for Office365 (migration experience is an asset).
- Managing e-mail flow including Cisco IronPort/ESA gateway appliances and integration with applications and other systems.
- AirWatch for management of corporate iOS/Android mobile devices.
- Active Directory and supporting technologies (Kerberos/NTLM, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Group Policy, hands-on experience in a multiple domain/sites environment).
- System Center 2012+: SCCM (patching and software distribution/inventory) and SCOM (monitoring).
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2013 (including audio/video conferencing integration)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (on-premises and Office365 hosted supporting DevOps)
- File Services (DFS/DFS-R, CIFS/SMB, NFS, NTFS, NDMP) and Print Services
- File transfer client/server operations (FTP/FTPS, SFTP protocols)
- Familiarity with endpoint security best-practices including: anti-virus configuration, privileged access management/least privilege delegation model and SIEM integration.
- Working knowledge of high availability, data protection and disaster recovery processes and techniques on supported technologies and platforms.
- Understanding of common application architectures and designs for common enterprise applications and platform such as : Microsoft SQL Server – incl. clustered implementations, Oracle DBMS, Citrix XenApp, OpenText RightFax, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Domino, Cisco Unified Communications, Microsoft Orchestrator, etc.
- Familiarity with core TCP/IP networking concepts including direct experience working in environments with segregated network zones and basic understanding/experience with gateways/switches/routers/load balancers.
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell, UNIX shell scripting, etc.) and keen to demonstrate scripting skills to improve delivery time and consistency in IT operations.
- Experience in operating within ITIL framework for change/problem/incident management including planning, creation and representation of change records.
- Understanding of standard datacenter environment and related operations including: asset management, common software licensing concepts, server provisioning/decommissioning including racking and cabling of equipment.
- Familiarity with common processes and practices for security operations (remediation of findings from penetration testing/vulnerability assessments, installation of patch/fix packs, secure build, log review and analysis, etc.)
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation (paid premium) and perform work outside of business hours (evenings/weekends) as required.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for interactions with peers and other stakeholders while focused on creating and maintaining documentation for team/group documentation library and project artifacts.
- Ability to travel to data center facilities in Greater Toronto Area and infrequent travel to branch office sites throughout Canada/US as required
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.