AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
Special Projects Technician
Please note that the Special Projects position requires working weekends.
- Labeling, organizing, subsampling of samples for testing and assist with planning and setup of new projects.
- Extraction of SAGD emulsion from piston cylinders for water cut testing.
- Perform basic laboratory procedures such as separation of gas and liquid components, determination of molecular weight, determination of density, and characterization of hydrocarbon samples.
- Follow laboratory quality control procedures in accordance with documented operating procedures or recognized standard reference methods.
- Ensure data is accurate and complete prior to submitting final reports.
- Inform the Department Supervisor and/or Manager of any nonconforming event related to client samples, analytical testing or other laboratory operations.
- Perform calibrations and basic maintenance of instrumentation.
- Provide general lab support and other duties as assigned by Management.
- Post-secondary degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or an equivalent Technical Diploma
- Hands-on experience using instruments including but not limited to GC/FID/TCD/SCD with a focus on Gas or Condensate testing.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with windows operating systems.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task; must be able to interact well with lab staff
- Must have excellent time-management skills and be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds regularly
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants, however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted for a job opportunity or testing, please advise the hiring manager of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate