AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
This is a Full Time Permanent position that will work out of our Environmental Lab in Mississauga ON.
The Business Development Manager position will promote AGAT Laboratories' entire portfolio of services. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, and will have strong leadership and sales skills.
The BDM will manage a Regional Sales Team, full time sales representatives and will report directly to the Managing Director and work with the leadership of the larger national AGAT organization. The BDM will have significant autonomy in managing all aspects of sales and marketing to drive a robust sales funnel and influence the customer experience. The primary accountability is to create and deliver on sales plans to meet and/or exceed fiscal budgets and growth targets. The BDM will lead the BDR teams to generate sustained sales to a large portfolio of repeat existing customers and expand our customer base in target sectors.
Management / Leadership
- Design and implement a strategic marketing sales plan to incrementally grow sustainable business from existing customers, and to expand AGATs customer base into target sectors
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new services and competition status
- Provide active coaching, mentorship, leadership and development to the Sales Team
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on the market and trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to ensure the sales team is meeting/exceeding targets
- Work seamlessly with Executives, Laboratory Managers, Sales Representatives, the Marketing Team and peers in other AGAT sectors on all aspects of business development as required
- Maintain a sustainable stream of incoming work
- Identify new business opportunities and drive sales growth
- Have a clear understanding of each Sales Representative's Territory
- Play a pivotal role in contract negotiations
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and AGAT's leaders and/or technical team
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Develop budget planning, forecasting and goal setting
- Conduct performance evaluations for the BDR team at varying frequencies
- Present sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecast to the management team
- Conduct weekly and monthly quote and account reviews with the Sales Representatives
- Identify and monitor performance improvement plans if necessary
- Drive development and reporting of progress against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for both business scorecards (Sales and marketing) and the BDR team members (individual).
- Report monthly on the sales plan progress to upper management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Business Administration or Management in related field
- 8 to 10 years' experience with at least 5 years of sales management leadership
- Strong industry knowledge and experience is a must
- Sector Industry experience is essential
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Focused on value-added selling and ability to create unique selling solutions
- Driven and self-motivated
- Attention to detail: ability to review contracts and submit bids
- Effective time management and multi-tasking
- Proven experience in managing and leading other employees
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Have strong computer and written communication skills
- Have strong verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver's License with own vehicle
- Ensures full compliance with company's Health & Safety, Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct policies
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Sales Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Drivers License G (Required)