AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada. Our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
The Business Development Representative is expected to promote AGAT Laboratories' entire portfolio of services. It is their responsibility to manage all aspects of the sales function in an efficient and effective manner. This opportunity includes total customer service management of a defined geographical sales territory, generating incremental sales to existing customers while increasing our overall customer count. The selected candidate will also be accountable for creating and executing business plans that meet and exceed budget expectations.
- Solicit new business opportunities for AGAT Laboratories and identify sales opportunities to improve AGAT Laboratories' position
- Maintain the current strong relationships we have with our current customer listing
- Implement account and/or category specific sales and marketing initiatives
- Manage business relationships with assigned accounts and generate new business in alignment with our objectives and values
- Understand the customer centric approach of AGAT Laboratories and promote its virtues to develop long lasting business relationships
- Develop and execute annual business and territory plans for assigned territories to achieve our annual budgeted sales objectives
- Prepare category and business reviews and leverage insights to identify sales opportunities and improve our category position
- Attend industry workshops; be involved with professional associations and attend tradeshows
- Monitor competitive market activity, continually gather and communicate competitive information, prospect for new business and capitalize on opportunities available in existing locations
- Perform administrative duties where necessary
Key Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Developed time management and prioritization skills
- Post-Secondary Education Preferred
- Fluency in written and oral French considered an asset
- Minimum (5) five years of experience in sales
- Professional, positive and outgoing demeanor with excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to deliver clear and concise sales presentations
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office computer technology such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Unquestionable work ethic and ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Your own vehicle, valid driver's license, and clean driving record
- Willing to travel within the sales region
AGAT Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the hiring manager of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants; however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted. Send your resume and your cover letter in Word or PDF format via http://www.agatlabs.com/careers. Please indicate in the comments line what position you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 5 years (Required)