On behalf of our client, Affinity Staffing is seeking a Technical Systems Analyst - 6 month contract
to work with an entrepreneurial company. If you have specific experience with credit cards or loyalty programs you would have a significant advantage. Huge career potential here at this company!
The Technical Systems Analyst is responsible for researching problems, planning solutions, recommending system changes/upgrades, and coordinating development to meet business objectives. The Technical Systems Analyst will also serve as the liaison between their vendors and IT for all assigned projects.
What You'll Do:
- Lead/manage technical areas as required ensuring deliverable are brought in on-time, within budget, while meeting quality targets
- Create technical solutions that meet the business requirements and IT Standards.
- Document technical solutions and specifications, including non-functional requirements
- Communicate and describe the design of the technical solutions to internal and external teams
- Work with business units to identify & analyze complex issues/problems
- Oversee support for the QA group, as it relates to solutions
- Ensure comprehensive documentation is provided and maintained
- Identify opportunities for optimizing business and systems effectiveness
- Assist the client in clearly defining needs and concerns, and translating these into the physical definition of a system solution
- Identify when projects appear to be deviating from plan or objectives; raising issues and proposing solutions with management
- Leverage strong relationship management skills; using influence to work with stakeholders
- Balance complex business and technical issues to develop an effective business/system solution
- Provide regular status reports on task and project items
- Work independently and seeks advice with recommendations, after reviewing multiple options.
- Work on enhancements and projects, one or multiple concurrently
- Act as SME on solutions
- Assess the impact of the solution design on other systems/projects
What You'll Need:
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in a distributed and/or mainframe systems environment, as a Systems Analyst, or similar role.
- Card Processing and Banking environment background.
- Previous experience in both development and maintenance environments which may have included project leading responsibilities.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities while completing assignments successfully
- Thorough knowledge of the business operations and issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Strong understanding of system design and development (database structures, batch and real time interfaces) and production processes.
- Thorough understanding and practical application of analytical tools and methodologies, design concepts, programming techniques and training methodologies.
- Ability to prepare schedules and status reports, delegate & monitor effectively.
- Card processing and banking background experience (Financial, not insurance or wealth management related)
- Extensive experience with real-time and batch interface design and implementations, including sequence diagrams and documentation
- Experience designing and implementing micro-services
- Experience with SOAP/XML and RESTFUL/JSON schema design and implementation
- Experience with database structures and relational database design and modeling
- Solutions design experience.
- Enterprise project experience
- Experience with the SDLC (Software development lifecycle)
- Ability to breakdown business requirements, and then design a solution integrating multiple internal and external systems/processes
- Experience presenting solutions to vendors, partners and internal teams.
- Ability to work with remote teams, partners and vendors on solutions, design, development, testing and implementation, in a positive and collaborative manner;
while ensuring that the business and technical requirements are being met.
- Ability to lead teams through solutions for technical defects, and recommend solutions.
- Technical solution design and documentation experience
- Ability to present technical solutions in a non-technical way
Nice to have:
About Affinity Staffing:
- Experience working with and/or designing systems to integrate with TSYS
- Experience working with campaign management systems, Smart Card Management System, Loyalty systems
- Experience with Financial/Banking security (encryption, PCI, etc.)
- Experience as a Sr. Developer
- Experience as a Systems Analyst
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca