We are engaged in a multi-year project to re-imagine our online experience consolidating multiple websites into a single flexible enhanced digital experience across the globe based on a modern Sitecore/Coveo platform.
Purpose of Position
The Senior Developer will be responsible for developing the Colliers.com website, providing application development as well as ongoing enhancements to support the evolution of our Sitecore/Coveo platform.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Engage with external development partner to integrate Sitecore/Coveo platform with existing Colliers information systems (people, property and office data).
- Participate in the Sitecore/Coveo architectural decisions and technical design of the website. Ensure that Colliers’ development standards are adhered to, and the tools and processes are in place to sustain the website long term.
- Coordinate development efforts with other internal Application teams, as well as regional IT teams for system integration.
- Develop deep knowledge of the technical website components, to support future enhancements and further regional rollouts.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Plans, designs, develop, tests, edits, maintains, and documents look and flow of websites.
- Interviews clients to help them clarify their goals for establishing a website.
- Designs or supervises design of digitized images, banners, bullets, charts, image maps and other graphics to enhance appearance of site.
- Other duties as required.
- Sitecore experience and certification is required.
- Coveo experience is definitely a plus. Experience integrating an advance Search engine with Sitecore is highly desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in object-oriented design and programming required
- Hands on experience with development in .Net Framework, C# and VB .Net and database applications in MS SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience building and deploying applications and services
- Knowledge and experience debugging and maintaining production level code
- Familiarity with Automated build tools, Code Management (TFS) and Continuous Integration preferred
- Write code to generate web pages, access databases and business logic servers. Work with designers and content producers
- Test and document software for web sites. Write, modify, and debug software for web sites
- Experience with the MVC design pattern is highly desired.
- Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a deliverable; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files it in a useful manner. Can marshal resources (people, funding, material and support) to get things done accurately and on time.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answer.
- Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve their performance; understands that different situations may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and focuses on development opportunities.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; seeks customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
The initial engagement will start asap and last for 6 months with the possibility of extension.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills. Candidate may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.