On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join their team for a permanent role in Vaughan . In this role of Senior Systems Administrator, you will provide 24x7 support of IT hardware, software, and systems in an on-site and on-call capacity for various locations. The System Administrator will utilize his/her skills in planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and systems. The person will also analyze and resolve end user software program and application issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required
What you’ll do:
What we are looking for:
- Install, configure and maintain operating hardware and software in Microsoft and Linux environment.
- Identify and provide recommendations for upgrades, new solutions and technical design.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with servers, hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot networking and operating system problems.
- Lead architecture design recommendations for hardware and software planning and budgeting related issues.
- Monitor performance and advice on any infrastructure/process changes required.
- Ensure optimal performance for systems (infrastructure and application)
- Responsible for design, development and change control documentation
- Maintain Oracle and SQL database integrity and performance.
- Create and run ad hoc SQL Statements in Microsoft SQL Server and Shell PRO*C scripts in Red Hat Linux.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets.
- Define and perform system backup and recovery administration for both physical and virtual environments. Using tools such as VEEAM, CommVault and VRANGER.
- Provide on-site and on-call services to users
- University or College Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering
- 8-10 years of previous System Administrator experience with similar technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Server Infrastructure, Virtualization and Operating Systems – which includes Windows, Linux, VMware
- Technical Certifications in any of the following technologies preferred (Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Storage)
- Possess superior technical aptitude
- Prior experience as an Oracle and SQL DBA or equivalent education.
- Experience working with open sources tools like Subversion, Trac, Glassfish and TomEE
- Must be comfortable writing SQL statements with limited supervision
- Experience working with web applications written in Java is a plus.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca