The Quality Assurance (QA) Lead Analyst is responsible for providing leadership for quality assurance in a multi-functional team environment. QA related activities include functional, performance, regression and system integration (end-to-end) testing of all software application changes. The primary mandate is to mitigate the risk of applying new business and technology solutions by following a disciplined and best practice approach to quality assurance.
MAIN CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
- Lead all quality assurance exercises to manage the risk of implementing changes to existing IT applications and systems in order to ensure that these changes do not jeopardize the integrity of existing IT production systems
- Collaborate with business, software and systems teams to develop comprehensive Quality Assurance plans
- Demonstrate strong written communication skills as you write and oversee execution of end-to-end test cases, as well as to help uncover and log defects.
- Work collaboratively with business units to ensure effective and appropriate test coverage
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Coordinate and schedule competing requests for QA activities taking into account priority and testing activities required
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance methodology best practices to develop and evolve QA standards
- Review requirements, functional specifications, and detailed design documentation to derive test objectives and develop test strategies
- Assist with the design of test plans and test steps; test cases will be written to the level of detail ensuring repeatability and compliance to QA standards
Line reporting relationship: Senior Manager, Sales and Supply Chain Systems
Functional reporting relationship: Release Manager, Key business stakeholders, and IT Management Team
Internal relationships with: IT Business Analysts, IT Developers, Business functional SMEs, and key Business users
External relationships with: Potentially, software vendors
- Ensuring Quality Assurance methodologies and best practices are communicated across IT and its key internal customers.
- Ensuring that quality assurance is performed in accordance with these best practices.
- Identifying areas of latent risk associated with quality assurance and recommending corrective or improvement steps.
- Providing guidance and support to IT and its key clients to foster a culture of quality assurance through the software development life cycle.
- Comfortable working in an environment that has some ambiguity and comfortable liaising with stakeholders to overcome said ambiguity.
- Experience with an HRIS (or COTS) implementation is an asset.
- This role has no direct report responsibilities; however, the expectation is that leadership will be provided through influencing and guiding.
- BSc in Computer Science or Business Administration (or equivalent education/experience)
- 4-6 years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- Expert at Software QA (SQA) methodologies, tools and approaches
- Strong technical skills with the ability to lead testing effort
- Knowledge of Enterprise Applications such as JDE, EBS, or PeopleSoft
- Experience with integration technologies such as webMethods
- Experience with in-house custom developed integrated applications
- Strong written, verbal, and influencing communications skills
- Experience leading QA teams on initiatives of at least 2 people preferable
- Capable of adapting to a rapidly evolving environment
- Strong project management, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross-functional and multi-team environment.
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
This position description is designed to outline the basic nature and scope of the job and does not limit the activities the Incumbent may be asked to perform