Working with the Logistics Superintendent/Manager on a remote North British Columbia Project, the Logistics Coordinator will take a lead role ensuring the objectives of the project are met. Key Responsibilities
- Assist Superintendent with:
- the coordination of workers, material and equipment across site,
- manage and coordinate barge deliveries to and from the remote north central BC site
- road maintenance planning and snow clearing,
- coordinate aggregate processing for project needs, and
- construction camp and catering management.
Ensure Safety is always a priority on site.
Ensure that the Quality of the work is being maintained and recorded in accordance with the project Quality Plan as required.
Understand and help implement the project Environmental Plan.
Ensure that the Work is constructed in accordance with contract documents, documenting any changes to project scope.
Coordinate the work with other shift engineers.
- Ensure materials are ordered, received and inspected in time to support project schedule.
Record keeping and maintenance of project diaries.
Understand and assist with project schedules, including delay tracking and changes in work.
Problem solving and resolution of technical site issues.
Maintain a good working relationship with customers, consultants and subcontractors.
- Supervise and mentor junior technicians and engineers on site.
Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- A minimum of 5 years construction experience, with a minimum of 2 years of remote project experience required.
- Strong work ethic and eagerness to learn.
- Strong verbal and written skills are essential.
- Excellent command of the English language, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications, computer literate.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain organization and work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Primavera or other scheduling software an asset.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset.