What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
CTA Program Manager
About the Position:
Work across AMD’s RTG organization and other AMD organizations to plan and guide Validation execution and technical issue resolution for AMD’s products. Work directly with customers and internal stake holders to resolve technical validation issues when required. This role is critical to insure technical operation to meet product specifications and validation coverage metrics.
- Own RTG validation processes( collaborative approach working with HW/SW/FW teams) , feature and test development, tool development, work
with chief engineer and platform evaluation lead to drive validation architecture, and manage/ drive platform validation execution for SoC level product
features not covered by IP or block level validation.
- Manage silicon validation, characterization, and debug of existing graphics, microprocessor and chip-set products.
- Schedule/Manage Co-validation and qualification of AMD products with customers & partners hardware and software products.
- Set silicon, board, and general resource priority to maximize validation coverage
- Provide detailed bring-up validation plan and support feature validation tracking.
- Ensure and manage test plans to adjust for post silicon feature issues and additional validation feature coverage
- Support product and process improvement activities, including resolving quality/customer test related issues.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Prior experience with SoC validation testing tools and environments, defect tracking, and revision control.
- Familiar with Microsoft Client Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems, virtualization software (VMware, Xen, et al),
and validation/certification processes for each of these environments
- Familiar with system component compatibility and stress testing.
- Familiar with high performance client IO adapters, drivers, and stress testing.
- Familiar with power management products and standards
- Familiar with general Computer Architecture concepts.
- Effective communication skills
- Team player with proven leadership skills
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
• Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within • the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with attention to details.
- Familiar with Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems, virtualization software (VMware, Xen, et al), and
validation/certifications processes for each of these environments.
- Familiar with MS Office & MS Project tool suites.
- Familiar with microprocessor bring-up and debug.
- Familiar with C/C++, JAVA, and scripting language programming
Requisition Number: 62842
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process, unless undue hardship to AMD would result. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.